YARN today Crochet Pages

Crochet Stitches

In these days of the internet it is possible to obtain patterns from around the world. They may be written in English but the specific terms used for stitches, etc differ. Even more confusingly the same term is used to describe different stitches. For example, what we in the UK call double crochet is referred to as single crochet in the US.

If you are not sure where a pattern originated then just check out the term double crochet (dc) in the section that describes the abbreviations used.

slip stitch (sl st)slip stitch (sl st)
double crochet (dc)single crochet (sc)
half treble (htr)half double crochet (hdc)
treble (tr)double crochet (dc)
double treble (dtr)treble (tr)
triple treble (trtr)double treble (dtr)
yarn over hook (yoh)yarn over (yo)